Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Two Trees

Boston Public Garden,  Spring 2013
I got a whole lot of work done this spring on Selected People, a series I've been working on since 2008. The series consists of a scene, usually around Boston, viewed for about an hour or so. I take hundreds of pictures, then using photoshop, I leave in selected figures. I never change their location or anything else, so these are actually documentary records. But I do choose what stays in, just the way your brain does in real life! Anyway, I did several new pictures this spring while the ideas were coming. Now I'm off in a day or two to present the series at Review Santa Fe 2013, an event in which photographers present their work to gallery, publishing, and museum people. The tree in the background is the same tree featured in one of my more popular pictures.

Tree, Boston Public Garden, 2008

2 comments:

Parthiban T said...

Creative Series, with Patience.
I personally liked the Rainbow colored dress theme.

inerlogic said...

i think someone did something similar a while ago (i'm sure people do it all the time actually...) but rather than compositing people into shots, they'd edited all the people out making cityscapes look like ghost towns.....

read an article about a travel photographer who did that at tourist trap locations around the world....