Saturday, April 26, 2008

Across the Street



I was sitting out on my porch last week and started thinking about how people drift by out on the sidewalk. It seemed that after an hour, the view was populated with recent ghosts--the people who had just walked, scootered, and biked by. This made me think how false a single still image can be--no news there, that was settled last century. So I decided to photoshop in as many figures as I could from a couple of hours worth of pictures (about a hundred) done on last Sunday evening from about 5:30 to 7:00. All of the people are inserted exactly where they were in the scene. Everyone who walked by was alone, with a dog or child, or with one other person. Some people made return trips in the opposite direction.

1 comment:

to lean out of the window is not dangerous said...

Bonjour Pelle,
At the first sight I thought "what invasion" ,at the second time that it was a kind of "twins meeting",at the third "what a great (and big) work" !...
Etienne